Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’
President Obama angrily blasted climate change skeptics during his energy policy speech Tuesday at Georgetown University, saying he lacked “patience for anyone who denies that this problem is real.”"We don’t have time for a meeting of the flat-Earth society,” Obama said. “Sticking your head in the sand might make you feel safer, but it’s not going to protect you from the coming storm.”Earlier in his remarks, Obama said the “overwhelming judgement of science, of chemistry, of physics, and millions of measurements” put “to rest” questions about pollution affecting the environment.
“The planet is warming. Human activity is contributing to it,” Obama said.
- i did a proper Irish funeral for my 104 year old grandfather. I got good and drunk after the burial and Donna had to drive me home! 2 weeks ago
- My love of my life his started following me on me on twitter. I hope this doesn't ruin my senate chances! 4 weeks ago
- @WebMD Step one ... http://t.co/LtAOZKEVhO 1 month ago
- @bradybuzz Is Eddie Vedder giving up his armed guards? No? I thought not. #guncontrol for me but #GunRights only for thee. Yay! #hypocrisy! 1 month ago
- Try reading the #obamacare website in its native German accent, less #glitch 2 months ago