When something goes wrong in the marketing of a product, heads roll. The bigger the mistake, the more senior the person/people who suddenly announce they are leaving. In the case of Microsoft, following the difficult build up to the Xbox One launch Don Mattrick, president of the company’s Interactive Entertainment Business, is expected to exit. His destination? Zynga.
Regardless of who ultimately made the decisions regarding the Xbox One’s always-connected features and used games stance, Mattrick didn’t do a great job to counteract the anger from gamers or explaining the possible advantages of the Xbox One’s proposed setup. One of his worst moments was when he stated on camera that those without an internet connection should stick with an Xbox 360 instead of choosing a next-gen machine.
- i did a proper Irish funeral for my 104 year old grandfather. I got good and drunk after the burial and Donna had to drive me home! 2 weeks ago
- My love of my life his started following me on me on twitter. I hope this doesn't ruin my senate chances! 1 month ago
- @WebMD Step one ... http://t.co/LtAOZKEVhO 2 months ago
- @bradybuzz Is Eddie Vedder giving up his armed guards? No? I thought not. #guncontrol for me but #GunRights only for thee. Yay! #hypocrisy! 2 months ago
- Try reading the #obamacare website in its native German accent, less #glitch 2 months ago